Virtuo Granite Sinks Care Guide
Your Virtuo Granite sink is manufactured with the highest possible standards. To ensure that your sink maintains its beautiful look, Bristol recommends that following these simple guidelines will be the key to sustaining & maintaining your Virtuo’s sink original distinctiveness.
- Daily cleaning is recommended with any non-abrasive cleaner and hot water, followed by a clear water rinse. (Mild liquid dish detergent, Barkeeper’s friend, or a cream cleaner ). We would recommend using a soft damp cloth or sponge or if the stain has been there for a period of time, using a scotchbrite pad . Always clean in circular motions with little pressure on the surface of the sink. If necessary, please repeat this process for more stubborn stains followed by a clean water rinse. We would also recommend drying the sink with a soft cloth to avoid limescale buildup.
- Descaling-in certain areas the water quality is extremely hard & filled with mineral deposits. The staining is generally caused by a buildup of lime deposits, which accumulates on the surface of the sink if allowed to dry naturally. Following step 1 should avoid this problem. To remove any limescale that has built up over time, Bristol recommends using a natural remedy of 3 parts hot water to 1 part white vinegar & allowing this mixture to saturate the affected areas of the sink. This will loosen the limescale to allow for a complete scrubbing with a scotchbrite pad and cleaner as recommended in step 1. Always finish off by rinsing your sink with clean water to remove any residue & dry with a soft cloth to avoid reoccurrence of any buildup. If the natural remedy does not work, use a common descaler ensuring it contains no formic acid. Follow the manufacturer’s directions for use & finish the process with the rinse & dry method described above.
- Metal Abrasion-Scratching could occur if pots, pans or utensils make hard contact with the sink surface. This action may cause marks which are metal deposits causing a residue on the sink surface. To remove the metal marking, use a soft nylon brush or scotchbrite pad R & a mild liquid soap to scrub the entire area, in a circular motion. Repeat the rinsing & drying method as outlined in Step 1.
- Maintain your beautiful Virtuo sink by regular cleaning on a daily basis
- Rinse & dry your sink after each application to avoid a major cleaning (This is especially important where water quality is very high in minerals)
- Keep the sink free of any standing water, as this could cause mineral deposits to build up on the surface of the sink. This would be more noticeable in the dark coloured sinks such as Coffee Brown or Pearl Black.
- To remove mineral deposits, use a diluted solution of white vinegar and water-3 parts water to 1 part white vinegar. Rinse thoroughly after this application and dry with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Use a scotchbrite pad and gentle cleanser to remove stubborn stains or metal marks caused by pots and pans. Scrub the affected areas in a circular motion followed by rinsing and drying.
- Avoid dropping any sharp item or object on the surface of your Virtuo Granite sink.
- Do not use any metal scouring or steel wood pads, as these will leave metal residue on the surface of the sink. Over time, these particles will turn to rust & then present an appearance of being stained
- Do not leave any cast iron or stainless steel cookware or implements on the surface of the sink for an unlimited period of time. This will only cause staining to your new Virtuo granite sink.
- Ensure that rubber dish mats, wet sponges or cleaning pads are not left in the sink overnight, as this will cause trapped water in the sink which will turn into staining and discolouration.
- Do not allow bleach or any products containing chlorinated solvents or formic acids (common descaling products) to make contact with the surface of your Virtuo Granite sink as this could cause discoloration.
- Do not place any hot objects on the surface of your Virtuo Granite sink, as this is not recommended as a cooling place & could cause potential damage to your sink.
Your new Virtuo Granite Sink is constructed of a material consisting fine granite particles in a polymer matrix. This scientifically advanced substance is designed to withstand everyday wear and tear in your kitchen. Simple care & cleaning will maintain it’s beautiful lustrous appearance!
- Do not allow bleach or any products containing chlorinated solvents or formic acids (common descaling products) to make contact with with the surface of your Virtuo Granite sink as this could cause discoloration.